Morrill Hall 115 A
|Tuesday||10:00 am - 12:00 pm|
|Wednesday||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Thursday||11:00 am - 12:00 pm|
- CSC 265 Computer Networking & Security I.
- CSC 424 System Administration
- CSC 463 Development of Distributed & E-Commerce Applications
- CSC 152 Programming Fundamentals
- CSC 330 Software Design & Development
- CSC 563 Multithreaded Distributed Programming
Ph.D in Computer Science
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL
M.S. Computer Science with Honors
University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT
B.S. Information Security
Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Cloud Computing, Real-Time Systems, Cyber Physical Systems, Distributed Systems, Big Data
Building an Educational Hybrid Cloud, SCSU MRRC Research Grant, $2000, 2017-2018
Journal and Book Chapter
- Xiayu Hua, Chunhui Guo, Hao Wu, Douglas Lautnery, Shangping Ren, "Schedulability analysis for real-time task set on resource with performance degradation and periodic rejuvenation", IEEE Transactions on Computers, Volume pp, Issue 99, 2017
- Hao Wu, Xiayu Hua, Zheng Li, and Shangping Ren. "Resource and Instance Hour Minimization for Deadline Constrained DAG Applications Using Computer Clouds". IEEE Transactions on Parallel and DIstributed System, Volume 27, Issue 3, pp. 885 - 899, 2016
- Chuhui Guo, Xiayu Hua, Hao Wu, and Shangping Ren, "Best-Harmonically-Fit Periodic Task As- signment Algorithm on Multiple Periodic Resources", IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Volume 27, Issue 5, pp. 1303 - 1315, 2016
- Hao Wu, Shangping Ren, Gabriele Garzoglio, Steve Timm, Gerard Bernabeu, and Seo-Young Noh, "A reference model for virtual machine launching overhead". IEEE Transactions on Cloud Comput- ing, Vol 4, Issue 3, pp. 250 - 264, 2016
- Xiayu Hua, Zheng Li, Hao Wu and Shangping Ren, "Periodic Resource Integration", Journal of System and Software, 110, pp.193-204, 2015
- Xiayu Hua, Hao Wu, Zheng Li and Shangping Ren, "Enhancing throughput of the Hadoop Dis- tributed File System for interaction-intensive tasks",Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Elsevier, 74.8, 2770-2779. April 2014.
- Hao Wu, Zhengping Wu "Fuzzy-rule-based Adaptive Resource Control for Information Sharing in P2P Networks", Innovations in Computing Sciences and Software Engineering, pp. 135-140, 2010
Conferences and Workshops
- S Timm, G Cooper, S Fuess, G Garzoglio, B Holzman, R Kennedy, D Grassano, A Tiradani, R Krishnamurthy, S Vinayagam, I Raicu, H Wu, S Ren, SY Noh,"Virtual machine provisioning, code management, and data movement design for the Fermilab HEPCloud Facility", Journal of Physics: Conference Series 898 (5), 052041
- Hao Wu, Shangping Ren, Steven Timm, Gabriele Garzoglio, and Seo-Young Noh, "Experimental Study of Bid- ding Strategies for Scientific Applications using AWS Spot Instances", In 8th Workshop on Many-Task Computing on Clouds, Grids, and Supercomputers (MTAGS) 2015 Co-located with Supercomputing/SC 2015, 2015.
- Hao Wu, Shangping Ren, Timm Steven, Gabriele Garzoglio, "A Step Toward Deploying Real- Time Applications on CloudModeling Cloud Performance Fluctuation", 21st IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium, RTAS-WiP, 2015
- Xiayu Hua, Chuhui Guo, Hao Wu, Douglas Lautner, and Shangping Ren, "Schedulability Analysis for Real-time Task Set on Resource with Performance Degradation and Periodic Rejuvenation", the 21st IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applica- tions, RTCSA 2015
- Chunhui Guo, Hao Wu, Xiayu Hua, Douglas Lautner, and Shang- ping Ren, "Use Two-Level Rejuvenation to Combat Software Aging and Maximize Average Resource Performance", the 12th IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Software Systems, ICESS 2015
- Chuhui Guo, Hao Wu, Xiayu Hua, and Shangping Ren, and Jerzy M. Nogiec, "Maximize System Reliability for Long Lasting and Continuous Applications", the 3rd World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, WorldCIST 2015
- Hao Wu, Shangping Ren, Steven Timm, Gabriele Garzoglio, Seo-Young Noh, "Overhead-Aware- Best-Fit (OABF) Resource Allocation Algorithm for Minimizing VM Launching Overhead", 7th IEEE Workshop on Many-Task Computing on Grids and Supercomputers (MTAGS) 2014
- Hao Wu, Shangping Ren,Gabriele Garzoglio, Steven Timm, Gerard Bernabeu,Seo-Young Noh, "Modeling Virtual Machine Launching Overhead under Fermicloud", 14th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing, 2014
- Xiayu Hua, Zheng Li, Hao Wu and Shangping Ren, "Scheduling periodic tasks on multiple periodic resources", 4th International Conference on Advanced Communications and Computation, 2014.
- Xiayu Hua, Hao Wu, Zheng Li and Shangping Ren, "Enhancing throughput of the Hadoop Dis- tributed File System for interaction-intensive tasks", accepted by 24th Euromicro International Con- ference on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing, 2014.
- Hao Wu, Xiayu Hua, Zheng Li, Shangping Ren, "Resource Minimization for Real-Time Applications Using Computer Clouds", 6th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing, 2013
- Hao Wu, Shangping Ren, Gabriele Garzoglio, Steven Timm, Gerard Bernabeu, Hyun Woo Kim, Keith Chadwick, Seo-Young Noh, Haeng-Jin jang, "Automatic Cloud Bursting under FermiCloud", IEEE ICPADS Workshop on Cloud Services and Systems (CSS 2013), 2013
- Zheng Li, Shuhui Li, Xiayu Hua, Hao Wu and Shangping Ren, "Run-time Reconfiguration to Toler- ate Core Failures for Real-Time Embedded Applications on NoC Manycore Platforms", accepted to 11th IEEE International Conference on Embed and Ubiquitous Computing, EUC 2013.