Main Content

Costs & Eligibility to Live on Campus

The Office of Residence Life provides on-campus living accommodations for eligible undergraduate and graduate students. Highest priority is given to those who are enrolled as full-time students and are matriculated in a degree program. Eligible returning students participate in a formal room-selection process during the spring semester. Incoming freshmen are typically assigned accommodations in West Campus Residence Complex, Chase, Farnham, Hickerson, Neff, or Wilkinson Halls.

Farnham Hall exterior with trees and plantsView of Doors to Computer Lab and Hallway

Eligibility Criteria

  1. Students must be matriculated and full time (exceptions may be made by the Office of Residence Life for special circumstances.) or in apartment-style housing, based on total academic credits transferred into Southern, on a space-available basis.
  2. On-campus housing is not required or guaranteed for students. Assignments are made in the order in which the university receives both the completed housing application and the required housing deposit. Students who submit a housing application and pay a housing deposit early have the greatest likelihood of receiving an on-campus assignment.
  3. Undergraduate students may request housing for a maximum of 10 fall/spring semesters, not inclusive of breaks and summer sessions. Graduate students may request housing for a maximum of 4 fall/spring semesters, not inclusive of breaks and summer sessions.
  4. Deposits, fees, and hall damage bills not paid on time may result in a student being removed from a residence hall.
  5. Residents who demonstrate an inability to meet community living standards will not be allowed to return to the residence halls.
  6. If a student withdraws from the university or residence hall, he or she must vacate the residence hall within 24 hours of withdrawal.
  7. Any resident terminated for disciplinary, financial, health, or safety reasons in one residence hall will not be allowed to reside in another residence hall during his or her suspension period.
  8. Pursuant to Connecticut State General Statute 10a-155b, all students residing in a college residence hall, as a condition of such residence, MUST be vaccinated for meningitis. Please see the Granoff Student Health Services website for information

Check out our residence halls

OR View Meal Plan Options

Southern Connecticut State University
Housing & Dining Prices Per Semester

2018-2019 Housing/Meal Prices


For information on HoUsing Cancellation and The refund Policy, click here