Main Content

requests for accommodations in residence life


All disability-related housing requests are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis

Accommodations in Residence life are based on a medical, psychological, or other disability-related needs and must be supported by documentation.  Documentation from an appropriate professional should include:

  • A diagnostic statement of the disability
  • A clear description of the needed accommodation(s)
  • An explanation of how the requested accommodation relates to the impact of the disability

Current Students already registered with the DRC who wish to live on campus for the first time, and who require accommodations in Residence Life, should indicate this need on the Residence Life application.  This application is available from the Department of Residence Life.

Freshmen or transfer students who apply to live on campus and require accommodations should alert DRC staff after completing the application included in the acceptance packet.  Students will need to provide the DRC with supporting documentation outlining specific needs.

Every effort will be made to provide requested accommodations; however, it may be necessary to substitute equally effective alternatives.  Students who use wheelchairs or scooters will be assigned wheelchair accessible housing.  Availability of housing is limited and spaces are assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis.  Students who need accessible housing should contact both Residence life and the DRC to make an appointment when they send in their application to Residence Life. For more information, please contact Deb Fairchild at