Main Content

VA Work Study Program

 If you are a veteran or dependent enrolled for 9 credits or more and receiving the GI Bill® you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance. The VA work-study program is available to students studying under the following programs: Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 1606, and 1607. You'll earn an hourly wage equal to the Federal minimum wage or your State minimum wage, whichever is greater. Like you GI Bill® payments, it is tax free.

Services you perform under a VA work-study program must be related to VA work. Examples of acceptable work are: processing VA paperwork at schools or VA offices, performing outreach services under the supervision of a VA employee, and/or performing services at VA medical facilities. The work you actually do will depend on your interests and the type of work available.

Locations include our campus Veterans Office, the VA Medical Center and Veterans Center in West Haven, CT and the ERRERA Center (a program for homeless veterans) also in West Haven. Depending on where you live there may also be positions available at the VA Regional Office in Newington.

For more information visit the Veterans Office, EN B 018 or call 203 392-6822