Main Content

Financial Aid

Any Southern student who has submitted their FAFSA and is eligible to receive financial aid through the Office of Financial Aid may apply those funds to their study abroad experience. To determine eligibility, please contact your Financial Aid officer at (203) 392-5222, or via email at Your officer will be able to guide you on the best path to funding your education abroad. Please note that the Office of Financial Aid will request that you fill out and submit the Financial Aid Study Abroad Form before any funding can be disbursed.

The OIE also encourages students to scroll through the study abroad scholarship opportunities highlighted on the navigation bar to the left.

Students attending SCSU on program-specific scholarships (such as students in the Honors College) or government benefits (such as GI Bill® funding for veterans or Pell Grants) are encouraged to make an appointment with the OIE to discuss how these funds can be applied.