Lectures and Special Events
Youth on the Autism Spectrum: Jobs, College and Beyond
The Centers of Excellence on Autism Spectrum Disorders at Southern Connecticut State University & Yale University hosted a conference on October 27, 2019 at Southern Connecticut State University. Speakers included: Jane Brown, Peter Gerhardt, Gary Mayerson, John Miller, Fred Volkmar, Ernst Vanbergeijk, Michael Storz, Barbara Cook, Kimberly Bean, and others.
Below you will find selected presentations from the Conference:
- Jane Thierfeld Brown, Ed.D - Is This Person Ready to Be a College Student: Creating a Ramp not a Cliff
- Peter F. Gerhardt, Ed.D. - Developing Positive Outcomes in Adults with ASD: Start at the End
- Gary S. Mayerson - Preparing ASD Students for the Transition to Adulthood
- John Miller - A Journey in Their Shoes: Personal Perspectives as a Teacher and Advocate
- Ernst VanBergeijk, Ph.D., M.S.W. - Finding the right supports in post-secondary education: How do you choose?