ELPP Program Costs
There is a $50 Application Fee collected at the time of application. The cost of the English Language Pathways Program is as follows:
- $55 Registration Fee per semester
- $5,000 Program Fee per semester
The application fee and registration fee are non-refundable.
After your application has been reviewed, you will receive and email at the email address you used to create your SCSU Admissions Account. That email will tell you that there is a "Decision Available" and ask you to log back into your account.
- Go to the SCSU ELPP Admissions Account
- Log in with the same username and password as when you submitted the application
- Click on "View Admissions Decision"
- If you plan to join our program, click: "Accept"
- Follow steps to submit your $200.00 confirmation deposit.
Students who wish to receive a refund must withdraw formally from the program with the ELPP Coordinator. Refunds are not issued for courses individually dropped, as ELPP students must maintain full-time enrollment.
The amount of refund is based on the date the student makes notification to the ELPP Program Coordinator of their intent to withdraw, not on whether the student attended classes or on how many classes the student attended. Upon withdrawal from the program up to, but not including, the first day of the semester, as defined by the program calendar, 100% of the refundable semester charges will be cancelled;
- 90% of semester charges will be cancelled during the first week of the semester,
- 60% of semester charges will be cancelled during the second week of the semester,
- 40% of semester charges will be cancelled during the third and fourth weeks of the semester,
- No cancellation of charges after the fourth week of the semester.
Bill Due Dates
Bill notices will be sent to the student's Southern email for each semester; paper statements are not mailed out. Payment arrangements must be established by the bill deadlines:
- Fall semester July 15
- Spring semester December 15
- Summer semester is due upon registration
In the event of registration after any bill due date has passed, payment is then due upon registration.
- Online: Log in to https://login.southernct.edu to View/Pay Your Bill or Enroll in a Payment Plan using check, debit, or credit card in the Banner Web Billing/Payment menu.
- Mail: Checks may be mailed to SCSU, Attn: Student Accounts, 501 Crescent Street, New Haven, CT 06515. Checks must be made payable to Southern Connecticut State University, and should always include the student ID and name in the memo line.
- In-Person/Telephone: Call the Student Accounts office at 203-392-6140 to pay by check over the phone, or visit the Student Accounts office to pay by cash, cashier's check, 529 check, money order, personal check, or debit card.
- Wire: Both domestic and international wires are accepted for payment of tuition and fees. Please call the Student Accounts Office at 203-392-6140 to obtain wire transfer instructions.
Please Note: Southern accepts all payments in United States currency and does not assume any liability for losses that may result from foreign exchange rate differences. Credit card transactions are currently assessed a 2.85% non-refundable convenience fee, and we accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.