Search #: S18-060
Job Posted: March 21, 2019
Rank: Administrator IV
Southern Connecticut State University is a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus wide commitment to social justice.
Founded as a teachers college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive public university of more than 10,000 students, offering graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
Southern seeks a talented staff member to serve as CRM Coordinator. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management, the position is primarily responsible for executing the strategic vision of the CRM software as well as the end-user experience. This position is responsible for developing, executing, and assessing strategic enrollment marketing processes and campaigns through the CRM, as well as campaigns to current students to heighten engagement and retention. Responsible for analyzing, monitoring, and reporting on the CRM’s programs and initiatives while continually striving to increase efficiency and improve results. Oversees all license management of employees and general user support.
- Works closely with the Student Information System Banner/ERP Specialist (SISB/ERP-S) and Information.
- Collaborates with the office of Integrated Communications and Marketing (ICM) to create a strategic vision for branded campaigns and messaging.
- Utilize market research, interpret data, and use analytics to make recommendations for decision makers.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of enrollment marketing and communication best practices including developing long-term strategies and plans to increase leads and conversions throughout the enrollment cycle.
- Works with stakeholders to define the prospective and current student experience including web, portal, email, and social media.
- Performs business analyses for internal constituents and translate them into CRM strategy and execution.
- Works with academic and service departments to develop and implement an enrollment communication plan that encompasses all relevant audiences and deliver documented CRM strategies across the institution to support student recruitment and retention.
- Serves as the lead in development and maintenance of reports, dashboards, events, surveys, and communication plans.
- Leads ongoing user adoption, support, and training associated with the TargetX CRM software.
- Ensure the CRM software works effectively for all aspects of the institution. Troubleshooting issues and monitoring tickets as necessary.
- Works in collaboration with campus teams and the SISB/ERP-S to manage the customization of CRM portals.
- Plans and manages activities associated with set up, scheduling and delivery of all direct communications with prospective and current students through the CRM software.
- Delivers exceptional customer service by responding to CRM user inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Manages licenses for CRM usage.
- May supervise student workers and/or university assistants or other staff as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
- A Bachelor's degree is required and four years’ experience within higher education admissions; strong analytical, strategic thinking, and problem solving skills; technical abilities in report writing and usage of CRM data; possess strong organizational and project management skills; ability to effectively communicate with users, prospective and current students; must possess strong presentation, written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree; 3 years’ of professional marketing experience, preferably in higher education admissions; 3 years’ experience using a CRM, preferably Salesforce/TargetX; knowledge of best practices; possess an understanding of digital strategy and current communication trends. These qualifications may be waived for individuals with appropriate alternate experience.
Application Process: For priority consideration, please submit electronically a letter of interest, resume and contact information of at least three professional references (preferably as one pdf or Word document titled Last Name – First Name CRM Coordinator) to:
CRM Coordinator Search Committee Chair at VasquezM3@SouthernCT.edu before Monday, April 8, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled.
SCSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.