Assistant or Associate Professor - Educational Leadership and Policy Studies - REVISED
Department: Educational Leadership and Policy Studies Rank: Assistant/Associate
Specialization(s): Admin. Leadership/School Leadership Search No. 18-028
Located in historic New Haven, a city rich in art and culture, Southern Connecticut State University is a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus wide commitment to social justice. SCSU is a flourishing community of approximately 10,000 students, located less than three miles from downtown New Haven, with easy access to New York and Boston.
Brief Description of Duties/Responsibilities: Southern invites applications from individuals who believe in the mission of public higher education and are committed to outstanding teaching and scholarship/creative activity. Successful candidates will be disciplinary scholars devoted to a student-centric approach.
The Educational Leadership and Policy Studies department is seeking to fill a full time tenure track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. The target hiring date is January, 2019. The successful candidate is expected to teach graduate courses in advanced leadership, policy studies, and other courses offered within the department’s sixth year professional diploma and doctoral programs. Student advisement, scholarly activities, service on university committees and participation in activities that advance the department’s mission are also required of these positions.
- An earned doctorate or ABD in educational leadership, or a related field. If ABD, candidate must have earned doctorate by the end of the first year of appointment
- Evidence of a commitment to research and publication
- Interest in, and ability to work in, culturally-diverse settings
- Background in instructional leadership, systems change, organizational development, or policy
- P-12 teaching/leadership experience
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching educational leadership courses
- Expertise and demonstrated experience in quantitative research design and methods
- Service on doctoral dissertation committees
- Experience as an educational leader
- Knowledge and skills in contemporary school reform
- Teaching experience at the graduate level
- Demonstrated use of technology to enhance student learning
Applicants are asked to submit:
- Cover letter expressing interests, experiences, accomplishments, and strengths related to the position;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Statement of teaching philosophy;
- Two examples of scholarly work; and
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please submit the above materials electronically to the attention of the EDL Search Committee at: EDLsearch1@southernct.edu
In order for your application to be given full consideration, all materials must be received by September 28, 2018 [REVISED]. Position will remain open until filled.
SCSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.