University Assistant - Office of Residence Life
The University Assistant position, under the supervision of the Associate Director of Housing Operations, will assist with all Housing Operations functions within the Office of Residence Life. The University Assistant is expected to work between 15-19 hours per week during the one-year contract duration.
Duties The University Assistant will:
- Assist with the submission of maintenance work orders
- Help to oversee residence hall facilities
- Complete routine building tours to check the condition of the facilities
- Assist with oversight of building security mechanisms including entrance/exit doors, camera systems, and key inventories
- Help to communicate outstanding facilities issues to the building hall director and the Associate Director of Housing Operations
- Assist with the coordination of preventative maintenance inspections
- Participate in related departmental committees, as needed
Qualifications An Associate’s Degree is required but a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. The exact schedule will be established by the Associate Director of Housing Operations. If the contract for this position is renewed, the scheduled hours may change for any subsequent contracted period dependent on the Office of Residence Life needs, other University Assistant schedules, and related issues.
Desired Qualifications A preferred applicant for the University Assistant position would have previous experience working in the field of higher education and have some experience in the sector of residence life.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to Marvin Wilson at email@example.com.