Visiting Student Registration
Southern welcomes students year round to take courses without being admitted to a degree or certificate program. To obtain an SCSU Student ID and begin your student record, please complete the request form and allow 2-3 business days for processing.
You will receive a confirmation email with log in credentials and you may then register for courses as outlined below. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please be sure to check your junk/spam folder. Once you receive your credentials, follow these steps:
how to register
- Log into https://login.southernct.edu
- Select Banner Web
- Go to the Student tab
- Click Registration
- Select the Term
- Click on Add/Drop/Withdrawal from Classes
- Enter the Course Reference Number (CRN) of the class(es) directly on the worksheet.
- After all classes are added to the worksheet, click submit changes to complete registration.
- To look up the CRN number, you may use the Class Search feature to find the class(es) and add it to the worksheet.
- Please be sure to check the current class schedule to see if a class requires a prerequisite. If a course requires a pre-requisite which you believe you have already met (e.g. class from another university), contact the program coordinator or department chair for confirmation to see whether they can provide the appropriate permission to register if, in fact, you do meet eligibility requirements for this course.
Please check the Registrar’s Calendar for all important dates and deadlines, including the registration start date for visiting students. If you indicated on your request form that you have previously completed a bachelor’s degree or higher, you are considered a graduate non-matriculated student; all other visiting students are considered undergraduate and are also not matriculated to a degree program.
You will be billed tuition and fees according to your undergraduate or graduate level, and all non-matriculated students are not eligible for financial aid. To view your bill and review payment options, please click on the Billing/Payment tab in Banner Web after you complete registration.
When contacting the university to discuss your account, you will need to provide your student ID # and date of birth for verification. For log in assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk at (203) 392-5123; for bill and payment assistance, please contact Student Accounts at (203) 392-6140, and for registration assistance, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (203) 392-5301.